COVID-19 services update
Fall 2021: Online and in-person appointments are available.
Please know that appointments are available 7 days in advance with up to 12 hours to the appointment. We occasionally have same day appointments available.
For same day appointments, please email Jourdan Johnson, email@example.com, indicating which course and the time you are available for tutoring on the same day. You will receive a confirmation if we have a tutor available for your course at the indicated time.
In-Person tutoirng appointments take place in the Undergraduate Library, 2nd Floor, PAL Tutoring Area. (Look for the yellow pillars and a table with the yellow tableskirt.)
Online tutoring appointments will be held using Canvas Conference. Please be sure that you have access to reliable internet and/or audio. Online tutoring sessions will be recorded for training purposes.
- Please self enroll in the Peer Assisted Learning Online Canvas course: https://canvas.wayne.edu/courses/85317
- At the time of your appointment, please use the unique conference link sent to your Wayne State email account that will allow you to join the virtual meeting. Or join directly via Canvas Conference (formerly Big Blue Button) within the Peer Assisted Learning Online Canvas.
- Please make sure that you check your Wayne State email.
- If you do not have access to audio from your device, please indicate that in the comment box and your tutor can email you the dial-in information which allows you to access the session using the phone as audio.
**Note: you are highly encouraged to self-enroll into our Canvas site to stay up-to-date with any PAL Updates, and/or access your tutoring sessions. https://canvas.wayne.edu/courses/85317
We offer FREE tutorial services in selected courses on an appointment basis. Our tutoring appointments are reserved for students who are currently enrolled in the course.
First time receiving tutoring this semester?
We are committed:
- to provide academic support to students through individualized and group peer tutoring in selected courses.
- to assist students in understanding the subject material so they can successfully meet the academic standards of their courses.
- to introduce students to proven study strategies along with course content that will permit them to study efficiently, effectively and become independent learners.
- to employ tutors recommended by faculty who are successful WSU students†in their various disciplines as demonstrated by their academic record.
- to provide students who have the desire, motivation and willingness to successfully fulfill their academic potential with assistance, techniques, and encouragement for achieving their potential.
NOTE: While we do not provide tutoring for specific exams/standardized tests (LSAT, MCAT, etc.), the Academic Success Center does offer assistance in improving test-taking skills through our Study Skills Counseling and Workshop Series.