COVID-19 services update: All tutoring from the Peer Assisted Learning Program will be conducted remotely using Canvas Conference.
Individual tutoring appointments will continue to be scheduled:
Schedule a Tutoring Appointment
Please know that appointments are available 7 days in advance and up to 12 hours to the appointment. We occasionally have same day appointments available.
For same day appointments, please email Jourdan Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the course and the time that you are available for tutoring on the same day.
All tutoring appointments will be held online for the remainder of the semester. Online appointments will be held using Canvas Conference (Big Blue Button). Please be sure that you have access to reliable internet and/or audio.
- At the time of your appointment, your tutor will send you a unique conference link to your Wayne State email account that will allow you to join the virtual meeting.
- Please make sure that you check your Wayne State email.
- If you do not have access to a webcam or microphone, please indicate that in the comment box and your tutor can email you the dial-in information which allows you access the session using the phone to speak with the tutor.
**Note – you are highly encouraged to self-enroll into our Canvas site to stay up-to-date with any PAL Updates, and/or access to additional information such as recorded SI sessions. https://canvas.wayne.edu/courses/85317
We offer FREE tutorial services in selected courses on an appointment basis.
See List of Courses with Tutoring Available
Information for departments and faculty about course support (PDF)
We are committed:
- to provide academic support to students through individualized and group peer tutoring in selected courses
- to assist students in understanding the subject material so they can successfully meet the academic standards of their courses
- to introduce students to proven study strategies along with course content that will permit them to study efficiently, effectively and become independent learners
- to employ tutors recommended by faculty who are successful WSU students†in their various disciplines as demonstrated by their academic record
- to provide students who have the desire, motivation and willingness to successfully fulfill their academic potential with assistance, techniques, and encouragement for achieving their potential
NOTE: While we do not provide tutoring for specific exams/standardized tests (LSAT, MCAT, etc.), the Academic Success Center does offer assistance in improving test-taking skills through our Study Skills Counseling and Workshop Series.