Schedule a tutoring appointment
Spring/Summer 2022: Online and in-person appointments are available. Please note that appointments are available 7 days in advance with up to 12 hours before the appointment. We occasionally have same-day appointments available.
For same-day appointments, please email email@example.com, indicating which course and the time you are available for tutoring on the same day. You will receive a confirmation if we have a tutor available for your course at the indicated time.
In-Person tutoring appointments take place in the Undergraduate Library, 2nd Floor, PAL Tutoring Area. (Look for the yellow pillars and a table with the yellow table skirt.)
Online tutoring appointments will be held using Microsoft Teams. Please be sure that you have access to reliable internet and/or audio. You will receive the Teams calendar meeting link on the day of the online appointment.
- At the time of your appointment, please use the Microsoft Teams meeting link sent to your Wayne State email account that will allow you to join the virtual meeting or access it from your Microsoft Teams calendar.
- Please make sure that you check your Wayne State email.
- If you do not have access to audio from your device, you can dial-in to access audio using your phone while you can work with the tutor online.
We offer FREE tutorial services in selected courses on an appointment basis. Our tutoring appointments are reserved for students who are currently enrolled in the course.
See the list of courses with tutoring available.
Information for departments and faculty about course support
First time receiving tutoring this semester?
Please read the rules and cancellation policy.
We are committed:
- to provide academic support to students through individualized and group peer tutoring in selected courses.
- to assist students in understanding the subject material so they can successfully meet the academic standards of their courses.
- to introduce students to proven study strategies along with course content that will permit them to study efficiently, and effectively and become independent learners.
- to employ tutors recommended by faculty who are successful WSU studentsâ€ in their various disciplines as demonstrated by their academic records.
- to provide students who have the desire, motivation, and willingness to successfully fulfill their academic potential with assistance, techniques, and encouragement for achieving their potential.
NOTE: While we do not provide tutoring for specific exams/standardized tests (LSAT, MCAT, etc.), the Academic Success Center does offer assistance in improving test-taking skills through our Study Skills Counseling and Workshop Series.