Study Skills Counseling
We offer free one-to-one Study Skills Counseling to Wayne State University's undergraduate population. Please scroll down for instructions on how to register for sessions. Our Specialists will analyze your current study habits and work with you to create a customized, evidence-based plan for success. We offer assistance in the following areas:
- Improve your test-taking abilities/preparation strategies
- Prevent and overcome test-anxiety
- Reduce your study time by learning more efficient study strategies
- Better manage your time in both school and personal life
- Master your textbooks/course material
- Improve your concentration in lecture and during study time
- Optimize your ability to process, retain, and retrieve course information
- Prevent and manage stress
Study Skills Counseling Registration Instructions
Study Skills Counseling is facilitated virually using Microsoft Teams and in-person, located in the Academic Success Center (1st floor Undergraduate Library). Virtual weekend and weekday evening hours are now available! If you are scheduling a virtual session and not familiar with Microsoft Teams, click on this link to learn more.
To best connect with your Specialist, we encourage you to use your camera, however, it is not required. After following the instructions below, an invitation will be sent to the Microsoft calendar associated with your WSU email. Please accept this invitation once received.
*Graduate/Professional Students-- Currently, 1:1 Study Skills Counseling is available only to undergraduate-level students. Graduate students are invited to take advantage of Workshops, Procrastination Accountability groups, The Effective Online Learner Canvas page, and the Study Skills Academy Canvas page.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Please self-enroll in our Canvas course to stay current with Study Skills Academy programming updates.