Study Skills Counseling
We offer free one-to-one Study Skills Counseling to Wayne State University's undergraduate population. Our Specialists will analyze your current study habits and work with you to create a customized, evidence-based plan for success. We offer assistance in the following areas:
- Improve your test-taking abilities/preparation strategies
- Prevent and overcome test-anxiety
- Reduce your study time by learning more efficient study strategies
- Better manage your time in both school and personal life
- Master your textbooks/course material
- Improve your concentration in lecture and during study time
- Optimize your ability to process, retain, and retrieve course information
- Prevent and manage stress
Due to current campus restrictions, Study Skills Counseling will be facilitated virtually until further notice.
Study Skills Counseling registration instructions
Sessions are held virtually using Microsoft Teams. To best connect with your Specialist, we encourage you to use your camera, however, it is not required. After following the instructions below, an invitation will be sent to the Microsoft calendar associated with your WSU email. Please accept this invitation once received.
Schedule your session by choosing the option which corresponds with your current class standing (Freshman, Sophomore, etc.). Following your first session, you can schedule up to two more meetings with your Specialist per semester. Sunday and Saturday hours are now available!
*Graduate/Professional Students-- Currently, 1:1 Study Skills Counseling is available only to undergraduate-level students. Graduate students are invited to take advantage of Workshops, Procrastination Accountability groups, Academic Stress Support groups, The Effective Online Learner Canvas page, and the Study Skills Academy Canvas page.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
**Note – Please self-enroll in our Canvas course to stay current with Study Skills Academy programming updates.