SI Leader Job Description
We are currently accepting applications for the Fall of 2014. We have almost a dozen of vacancies to fill. Vacancies are filled on a rolling basis. If you are interested to be considered as a peer leader (SI leader and/or Tutor), turn in your application ASAP.
Any questions, please contact the coordinator, Christine Huang, firstname.lastname@example.org
The SI Leader will:
- Attend all lecture sessions for the supported course.
- Hold between 3-5 SI sessions per week and/or office hours.
- Plan and prepare material and activities for each session.
- Demonstrate good study habits and skills (such as note-taking in lecture).
- Help students become independent learners.
- Be flexible and hold extra review sessions if necessary.
- Be available to students and be a visible presence in the classroom.
- Publicize their SI sessions.
- Meet with the instructor at least once per week.
- Attend a mandatory 2 day Peer Leader Orientation and Training prior to the start of the semester and continuous monthly professional development meetings.