Succeeding in the Sciences Groups
These groups are designed to offer students enrolled in pre-med, pre-health, and other science curriculum a space to discover and explore evidence-based study strategies applicable to both the sciences as well as general education courses. Group sessions are facilitated by certified Study Skills Coaches who are, in addition, high-achieving students in the sciences. While sessions are relatively structured, they are also collaborative in nature allowing participants a chance to address individual concerns.
Benefits of participating in our Succeeding in the Sciences Groups include:
- identification of ineffective, time-wasting study habits
- time and task-management to better balance course load this semester and beyond
- procrastination elimination strategies
- applicable, brain-based learning strategies to boost academic performance
- connect with peers and meet potential study partners
Our Fall 2019 Succeeding in the Sciences Group schedule will be available at the end of August.
Any questions can be directed to Angela Zanardelli Sickler, email@example.com.
Please note: while group sessions will not address advising/course scheduling matters, we do work closely with the Pre-Med and Health Science Center and are happy to refer you to the appropriate services upon request.