Pre-Med Learning Performance Groups
These groups are designed to offer students following WSU's pre-med curriculum a space to discover and explore evidence-based study strategies applicable to both the sciences as well as general education courses. Group sessions are facilitated by certified Study Skills Coaches who are, in addition, high-achieving pre-med students. While sessions are relatively structured, they are also collaborative in nature allowing participants a chance to address individual concerns.
Benefits of participating in our Pre-Med Learning Performance Groups include:
- identification of ineffective, time-wasting study habits
- time and task-management to better balance course load this semester and beyond
- procrastination elimination strategies
- applicable, brain-based learning strategies to boost academic performance
- connect with peers and meet potential study partners
Due to weather conditions, Winter 2019 sessions will begin the week of February 11th and run biweekly on Mondays, 3-4pm and Thursdays, 11am-12pm. Groups will be held in the Academic Success Center (1600 Undergraduate Library). No registration is needed, as groups run on a drop-in basis.
Any questions can be directed to Angela Zanardelli Sickler, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: while group sessions will not address advising/course scheduling matters, we do work closely with the Pre-Med and Health Science Center and are happy to refer you to the appropriate services upon request.