Math Literacy Services (MLS) is a program of the Academic Success Center. The focus of MLS is to assist students in becoming self-determined, motivated, and independent learners of mathematics. Improving students' math comprehension skills leads to academic excellence. This can open new opportunities for students while decreasing math anxiety. The added success can then affect all other aspects of the student's life on campus.
Reasons to visit Math Literacy Services
- You attend class regularly but feel you are lagging behind the class
- You are not sure how to take notes
- You don't feel that you have enough time to get your work done
- You struggle taking test and sometimes don't finish in time
- You are easily distracted during class or while studying
- You want to improve your understanding of mathematical concepts
- You want to enhance your study skills and improve your study habits
- You want to succeed in your mathematics course
Winter 2019 Supplementary Math Study Groups for MAT 1050, MAT 1800, MAT 2010, and STA 1020 are now available.
Click here to check out the times and rooms where these groups meet.
UPDATE: There will be no study groups on Thursday, February 14; Monday, February 18; or Tuesday, February 19. Hopefully the study groups will restart on Wednesday, February 20. For mathematics assistance, please go to your instructor's office hours or visit the Math Resource Center in the F/AB Building.