Math Literacy Services (MLS) is a program of the Academic Success Center. The focus of MLS is to assist students in becoming self-determined, motivated, and independent learners of mathematics. Improving students' math comprehension skills leads to academic excellence. This can open new opportunities for students while decreasing math anxiety. The added success can then affect all other aspects of the student's life on campus.
Reasons to visit Math Literacy Services
- You attend class regularly but feel you are lagging behind the class
- You are not sure how to take notes
- You don't feel that you have enough time to get your work done
- You struggle taking test and sometimes don't finish in time
- You are easily distracted during class or while studying
- You want to improve your understanding of mathematical concepts
- You want to enhance your study skills and improve your study habits
- You want to succeed in your mathematics course
Mathematics Literacy Services supports all mathematics and mathematics-related courses. This includes algebra-based courses (suc as MAT 0993, MAT 1050, MAT 1800, and MAT 2010), statistics courses from departments across campus (such as STA 1020 and BA 2300), and Quanitative Experience (QE) courses offered to fulfill General Education requirements (such as MAE 1000, FPC 1010, BA 1200).
Contact MLS to find out how we can support you on your college mathematics journey.