Financial Literacy Services
Our services are designed to enhance your academic experience by addressing common student financial difficulties. We want to help you alleviate financial concerns, so you can spend more time thinking about your school work. Best of all, our servcies are FREE!
One-on-one Financial Coaching
- A member of the Financial Literacy team will help you take an objective look at any of the key service areas and provide feedback on how to address particular financial challenges.
- In the one hour session, we will discuss your current financial position, develop financial goals, and identify multiple courses of action.
Steps to sign up for one-on-one financial coaching:
1. Sign into WAMS Tutor system.
2. Click "Schedule New Appointment".
3. Select the following options:
Department: Academic Success Center
Subject: Miscellaneous (MISC)
Course: MISC1000 - Financial Coaching
Appointment times may vary in availability from week to week. If you are having difficulty signing up, contact Adam Bauer.
Online Slack Community - WSU Money
- Can't make it to campus but have a personal finance question?
- Want to get and share tips on how to save money at Wayne State?
- Have personal finance advice of your own to share?
Our private online community is open to Wayne State students to ask questions, share tips, and access our resources no matter where they are, 24/7. You'll receive prompt advice, links to articles, and interact with other frugal-minded Wayne Staters.
For free access, fill out our sign-up form: WSU Money Form
- Presentations of financial concepts and strategies offered each semester as a part of the Academic Success Center series.
- Private, group workshops are available upon request.
- If you are a member of a student group, organization, or class and would like to have a member of our team present on one of our key focus areas, contact our team and we'd be happy to work with you.
For more information on the program or services, contact Adam Bauer (firstname.lastname@example.org).