Employment Requirements for Graduate Student Assistants (Study Skills Counseling)
*We are NOT currently accepting applications for the Graduate Student Assistant position.
Study Skills - Graduate Student Assistant Position (seeking current graduate student in a social science program such as: Counseling, Education, Psychology, Sociology, Library and Information Science, etc.)
Teaching and/or tutoring experience is highly preferred. Applicants must demonstrate commitment to diversity and sensitivity to different learning approaches, abilities, and backgrounds. Applicants must have their Bachelor's degree; Master's degree holders or candidates are preferred. Position is 20 hours per week and compensation is $16/hr.
- Work one-to-one with students to identify study skills and reading strengths and weaknesses; develop individualized plans of work for improvement; monitor students' progress; provide feedback to students; refer students to other areas within the Academic Success Center, and the University community, as needed
- Design and conduct study skills enrichment workshops.
- Market study skills services to the WSU community
Collaborate, as directed, in the component program areas of the ASC, Comerica Scholars, and other university collaborations
- Demonstrate sensitivity for appropriately supporting a highly diverse staff and student body
- Assist Learning Specialists in data collection, analysis, and reporting for projects generated through the ASC
- Design and deliver informational sessions about the ASC to WSU classes, Open Houses, and during New Student Orientation.
- Related duties as assigned
Send letter of interest and resume via email to:
Angela Zanardelli Sickler